View Single Post
Old 21 May 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2695496)   #17
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I'm afraid as the man responsible for putting marshals out into gravel traps, I'd be having VERY strong words with you if all we had in advance of an incident that marshals were present at was a stationary yellow.
Under status quo, you are right, because understandings are mixed and undoubtedly, there some drivers believe the message of a stationary yellow is my aforementioned "I'll wave it if it's important".

What I'm suggesting would only work if it was made very clear to everybody drivers and marshals and was implemented in on big "Okay, the new system is now in effect" push and everybody stuck to it - including stong deterrent penalties for the few drivers who ingnored marshal safety and lost control under even stationary yellows.

EDIT - PS. did the beach a few weeks ago...and also 13a more recently - I'm basically happy to help out where needed as long as there's variety along the way.

Last edited by Guinness2702; 21 May 2010 at 15:26.