View Single Post
Old 22 May 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2695866)   #24
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I'm afraid as the man responsible for putting marshals out into gravel traps, I'd be having VERY strong words with you if all we had in advance of an incident that marshals were present at was a stationary yellow.
Again, it's a what/where approach. At Paddock Hill there's no way you can have people in front of the wall without full advance warning, but for a small saloon class with a car by the wall at Copse you might be fine with a stationary. My inclination is always to go waved with marshals trackside because the peril is to them, not the drivers.

Perhaps the defiition for waved yellow should describe to the drivers why: Incident or debris on or near track or marshals present trackside. That's pretty much how I use it anyway.