View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2740970)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Are we sure there will be a P1 in ALMS next year?

With Honda having already announced a P2 engine for next year and Dyson getting into some relationship with Ford/Roush, the two most important prototype teams in ALMS - Highcroft and Dyson - are just one step away from manufacturer backed P2 entries... and if those two should decide to go there, I think that IMSA would have no problem to effectively make P2 the new benchmark for their combined prototype category...
That would be a rather elegant solution, and it might not tick off the regular alms teams when the big factory P1 programs are in town for ILMC races. I just have a feeling that Highcroft doesn't want to compete with pro/am teams, I think they want to go for overall wins against the best teams. So where that leaves them, and with what equipment I am not sure.