View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2768602)   #259
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Yeah, I think they're interested in GT1 because of the fact that Nissan has the GTR in there as well. GTE in LMS or LeMans is good, but how many races will it see? Is there more racing in LMS or GT1? I know there might be more of an audience for LMS or LeMans, but GT1 might grow to be pretty popular, and since Toyota officials have been in attendance at a few of the past races in GT1, I think it speaks that they're interested. Although they were involved with future regs of LeMans also, weren't they?
It all depends who they want to compete against. A bunch of privately run teams or the increased manufacturer presence that comes with GT2.

I'm no expert on the GT1 championship but I don't see where the new cars are coming from. So maybe Toyota but where that series goes in the future I have no idea.Most of the field was outdated three years ago.