View Single Post
Old 26 Oct 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2780908)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
As I remember it, Klaus Niedzwiedz in a Zakspeed Ford Mustang finished second to Tom Walkinshaw in one of his Jaguar XJSs, at the 1983 German GP support race at Hockenheim. But just discovering that a two part Group A race was held at Nürburgring on October 6th and 7th 1984, that would be exiting news.

I'm quite sure Tony Longhurst won an AMSCAR race in either the 323i or 325i, but it depends on weather to regards an AMSCAR race major Group A race.

Jesper
Yes i've been trying to find out more about the entry for the '83 German GP supporter. A programme/racecard would be extremely useful!

Just touching on theCharlie O'Brien 635 mentioned in earlier posts, it's referred to in the Bathurst annual as ex Sytner (we know this) but that it was also an ex BMW GB car. I'm assuming this would be one of the ex CC cars that Sytner acquired at the end of 1984?. Can't recall what we identified but that CC had 3 with Sytner possibly buying them all, then selling one onto Mike Newman, one going to France and the other to Charlie?