View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2792488)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
As I said previously, FOrd made a 1500 (116/120E) thick floor casting for bigger engines, Willment used these, as did Cosworth, and it is homologated. These have bigger ports than 105/109 castings and shallow chambers so would be good for smaller capacity highly tuned engines, you won't find one in a hurry now. other than that I believe they where all standard production castings.

I've taken anglia heads out to 30mm ports but its very time consuming, you can take a 1500 head to 32mm, any much more is risky and In my experience counter productive for most tunes.

105/109 heads and blocks are essentially the same, I'm pretty sure 113 head castings are the same as 109e ones chamber aside, which you need to open up anyway.

I 've had several conversations with FJ racers in NZ and AUs in recent months and actually started sifting through castings, 3 x 105 heads only went to 21cc when skimmed roughly, but I got a 113 casting down to 19cc and it still looks good for another 40 thou to fall off before the water jackets start to recede.

the trouble is finiding head castings, the late ones are better but seem to crack more in my experience, lots of them are cracked