Thread: Shift 2 aka...
View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2010, 03:45 (Ref:2793328)   #14
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=nickyf1;2793168]I thought Shift was a good change of direction and a positive one! People just turn their noses up at anything labeled NFS
QUOTE]

No, the reason a lot of people turned their noses up at shift was not because of the Need for Speed franchise, it was because it was sh*t. I honestly never knew why everyone raved about shift, the graphics were pretty good and there was a good choice of cars. But, the gameplay was shocking, even with a steering wheel the handling was beyond bad, the brakes were sodding horrendous and all that tat round the tracks was needless. And before anyone flames me for my last point, just remember, shift was marketed as a realistic/sim game to take on the likes of Forza/Gran Turismo.

If I'm honest, taking the need for speed name away from shift and vice versa won't make a difference, it's how good they make the game and the team behind the previous shift will have to do a much better job. Especially considering they now have the FIA GT1 and FIA GT3 licenses, and a lot of people have been crying out for a sportscar racing game for a long time now, me included. Let's hope they get it right this time and don't turn out an over-hyped piece of crap like they did before.