Thread: Shift 2 aka...
View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2010, 05:30 (Ref:2793342)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Hope they don't let the crew from NFS:Hot Pursuit anywhere even near the buildings Shift 2 is being designed in. I go into NFS games with a hope of something close to driving with mostly smashing and banging but this new one?? Not sure there are the words to fully describe it, utter waste of the plastic the game is distributed in and on come to mind. Not sure if it's just me but every car seems to drive exactly the same except for the top end, and it seems like they forgot to model front end grip. Feels like I float from one side of the road to the other and sometimes back with tiny inputs on the stick, and thanks to the time trial like no damage events I'm going crazy in the first 4 hours of playing it. And I have found the tire squeal at every turn, along with apparent drift in even a 45 mph corner to be a bit excessive, kills the sound of the game although the engine noise isn't that great either, but it's NFS I don't except separate sound modelling for each car.

Back to the thread topic, I'm sure I'll still try Shift 2 since there won't be a new FM for a while and I can't use the PS3 controller to drive. Have tried never got the hang of it but I don't really like it for other games either.
You do realize the need for speed franchise isn't supposed to be realistic at all, right?