View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2815102)   #58
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new Ferrari, (codenamed F288 but in reality that is the ongoing chassis # and I am sure it will be known as the F11 - the F10 last year was launched as the F#282) will be unveiled to the public on January 28 in Maranello, in a 'traditional' launch ahead of the first week of testing starting on February 1.

However as with what we have seen in past years they have already stated that the car we see launched will be significantly and visibly upgraded before the first race in Bahrain.

I guess it is all part of the keep your best bits in the closet until the last moment. A result of the improvement in the simulation and test jig technology and the lack of need to physically do real world testing anymore.

Teams nowadays see more value in taking an old updated car to the opening tests purely to amass data on unknowns such as the new Pirelli tyres, to go back to the factory and do the serious testing there withthe real new car on a new shaker jig or simulator.

I guess another, albeit disappointing factor this might indicate, is that the cars are all mostly essentially evolutionary upgrades rather than anything revolutionary.

I am looking forward to seeing the Williams more than any other car, not because I am a Williams fan, (I like them less every year because of issues like Hulkenberg being dropped) but because they have stated they will be at the test with their new car, a car which is promised to be aggressively different to their previous car. Its got me sucked in that's for sure. I just hope it isn't another Walrus nose!