View Single Post
Old 4 May 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2873943)   #22
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Al,

It's not the pads its the discs! We're talking to AP at the mo. The discs just warped after ten laps of the race and got worse as time went on. We used to get the problem after about three races due to pad residue, but we've changed the pads and they work extremely well. But I guess they just beat the discs up.
I used to get similar problems with discs warping or galzing up causing high spots and I was forever cleaning the discs and pads between practice and races and again after a race.

I was eventually put on to Performance Friction pads and they are great as far as I am concerned, they never glaze and always stop the car, they need little or no warming up and seem to last forever although I now go through nearly as many discs as pads.

In four seasons I am just over halfway through my second set of pads and fitted new discs midway through last year although the discs are cheap crap in the grand scheme of things.