Old 2 Jun 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2889964)   #1
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Calling all marshals and potential marshals

I need your help!

As a recently elected member of the BMMC SE Region's Committee, I was wondering a couple of things:

1. If you are a marshal and not a member of the BMMC, why not?
2. What would encourage you to join?
3. Do you care about the BMMC, or would you just turn up at your circuit, help to run meetings, have a laugh and go home?

It seems the BMMC was originally set up to provide marshals for race meetings. This is now largely redundant, what with clubs having extensive marshals databases and the ease of volunteering online.

So what is the point of the club? Subsidised overalls? Perhaps, except it costs more to remain a member than one can save on overalls. How about the insurance? Yes, but why do we have to apply for insurnce cover? Why isn't this covered by our annual subscription?

I hope this hasn't been too negative, but I believe passionately in the club. It is, after all, the ONLY club for marshals. I would like to think the club should do more to help marshals and marshalling. How about every Marshal's Post being passed as "Fit For Purpose" by a club representative annually?

I told you I needed help! If you feel you can't publicise your thoughts, by all means PM me.