Thread: Driver Towards the title 2011
View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2898430)   #14
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Which will happen. He is unlikely to finish 1st and 2nd all the time (or is he, Ten-Tenths statistician extraordinaire? ).
I hope so!

But SV doesn't need going on with 1sts and 2nds, due to the amount of points he has massed, he just need an average of about 3rd positions in the remain of the season to get a total in the statistically "safe title" zone. For example, 50% of podiums will do it.

Button in 2009 could not follow that requirement, after the first astounding 7 races, and then he got troubles with "his" title. I hope RBR finds problems (FIA magic power to make "convenient" rules mid season can help here ) . But I'm afraid RBR has more resources than Brawn had in 2009.

As Lennon (our fellow user in 10th) said, the races are being great, but the championship is going to be undramatic at the moment. Ironically, it's the opposite of some years ago, when races were boring but the champioship was very exciting. BTW, if I had to choose, I would prefer the current situation to that other (exciting races > exciting WC).