View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2931127)   #159
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
is Tim Slade considered a SOARF, where the Father is not quite a Father, if you know what i mean? I cannot see JR and Slade not being the backbone of JRR for quite a while, especially with Larko espousing the great efforts Slade makes every week without any apparent issues at JRR
Sponsorship levels might be the issue there... the arrangement at SBR seems to have them responsible for securing the budget to run #47, with the whole of the REC income flowing to SBR as well. Plus any Ford factory dollars. From the look of all 3 SBR cars, they arent the best funded in the field. Sure, the cars are regularly competitive, and always look a million bucks... but arguably they run 3 cars on the price of 888 running two...

Mr Slade was said to be on a performance review process when he signed at JRR/SBR, with plans that potentially saw Mr Moffat into that seat if the attitude werent there. I guess they are.. as he is still there...

Could Mr Ingall do a better job? Maybe financially such a deal might bring more sponduli to the team, to spend on development for all 3 cars. Mr Ingall probably hasnt really shown himself as a team leader.. at Perkins, at SBR before or at PMM.. so not sure the 'competitive package' would improve for them should the SuperCheap millions rock up there...
#CANCERSUCKS