Thread: 2011 Nationwide
View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2938440)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^
I don't think it is a cat and mouse game or lack of sponsorship, I think he really wants that Cup win. And I am not sure you can learn THAT much at the Glen during a NW race that could transfer over to a Cup car these days. It would be different if there was new pavement on an existing track or a new circuit altogether.

And from the man himself:
Quote:
I really enjoy going to Watkins Glen, it's a track I've always run well at. I've won the last three NASCAR Nationwide Series races there and now it's time for me to get my first Cup Series win at The Glen. My Stanley team has worked really hard all season and we are all hungry for that first win. We need to get our momentum back and I think this weekend is going to turn our luck around. I'm feeling confident about the race and I think good things are to come.
from - marcosambrose.com