View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2951764)   #297
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Could be....To the best of my knowledge, there were only three Group A VK Commodores seen in Europe in 1986- Grice's car (accounted for- as we know it became Mike O'Brien's BTCC car) and the two Brock cars-

Brock brought one to Europe at the beginning of the season for the ETC races, and a second, (which it's suggested earlier in the thread was Brock's regular ATCC car), which came over as a second car for Spa- Brock's ETC campaign ended after Spa, and I'm guessing one car went home to Australia in time for Sandown and Bathurst, while the other stayed on to do the TT as the GMDS car, and be advertised for sale in Autosport in October.
I'm guessing it was still in Europe, as the contact numbers given in the Autosport ad were for Bill Cleland and Tony Fall, rather than anyone at HDT.
Other than TWR, there were only a couple of VL Commodores raced in Europe in '87- the Belgian/Dutch Serge Power and Jeroen Hin/Playboy cars, so if the '86 HDT VK was sold on in Europe, then I guess it was either converted to a VL and became one of these, or was sold to TWR as a test hack...Unless TWR built a test VK in-house for some reason....?