View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2011, 01:51 (Ref:2954778)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think the series needs a chase system but is does need to do something to address the disjointed calendar of events that currently make up the series. At the moment the series calendar is so widely spaced that it lacks any sort of continuity. By the time the next race comes around very little is remembered from the previous race and all momentum is lost. Each race almost seems more like a one off event. Promoting the final race as some sort of Grand Final seems a fairly hollow marketing ploy.

I feel the series should be shorter (time wise), have the races spaces closer together and held at regular (predictable) intervals.

Possible options could be 12 events held every 2 weeks. May to October with Bathurst as the final race. Maybe a summer series from October to March with the season starting at Bathurst and the final in Adelaide. Other options could be splitting the series in half with 2 championships, one sprint series for drivers and an endurance series for teams.

There will always be a problem with scheduling because our weekends are dominated by the much more popular AFL and to a lesser extent NRL but there are opportunities to work with digital channels and pay TV.

Let me know what you think as this may just be my opinion and widely despised by the fans to which the series organisers should be catering to.