View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2959526)   #1270
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Since a scanner is receive only I'm curious how it helped. I presume you threw it at the child...?
hahaha, well observed, i deleted this when writing my previous post but ill put it in this time, im not going into details on anything on this particular matter... after that event i questioned whether to carry on rally marshalling, the single most worst stage ive ever been on so many kids, stubborn tourist, chavs and dogs barking and going wild at the rally cars when they were backfiring, badly setup stage and dangerous entry were i had 2 of about 85 cars (with all the retirements) off and the worst thing i couldnt do anything about it. i almost felt like walking off the stage, so if any rta deaths did happen i wouldnt have been there as a signed on official. i didnt, but the organisers wouldnt have known where i was, i just turn up to stages most times and offer my help. (thats how they work if any one doesnt know all hands on deck literally with rallies, thats why rally grading it doesnt say you have to be assesed you could graded top official if you liked with no trouble) will never do another forest rally again. i just had to let things be. i swear i must have been white faced when it all finished. i may sound like im being overdramatic but even a stage commander would have had his work cut out they were that bad.