View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2984194)   #1
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ron Howard's F1 film, "Rush"

I think everyone must have heard about this movie (not yet in production), but I couldn't find a thread about it, so I'll get it started.

If the film is to make its debut in Austin next November, then both Tavo Hellmund and Ron Howard have a lot of work to do before then.

Ron Howard’s F1 Film Could Debut at U.S. Grand Prix
By EricPickhartz - Thursday November 10, 2011 - 4:48 pm

According to a story in Variety, film director Ron Howard’s movie "Rush," based on the 1970s rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda and their respective Formula One racing teams, could make its American debut during the Nov. 18, 2012 U.S. Grand Prix to be held in Austin.

Exclusive Films Intl. president Alex Walton told Variety that “We believe the film will be a major event title at the end of 2012,” and that its domestic launch could be attached to the F1 race at the Circuit of the Americas track debut.

Shooting for the film is slated to start in February, on location at Formula One tracks in Silverstone, England and Nurburgring, Germany...