View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2998333)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
50th Anniversaries

Well we've had the Minis, and this year the E-types, and we've discussed at length the old favourite, the MGB coming up in 2012. However, I was surprised that it has been so quiet about the Cobra, as surely, in many ways it's as noteworthy. Anyway, I see that Goodwood have allocated a race of their own for next year's Revival (see this weeks Autosport - page 89), but is this really the only Cobra only race next year?

Oh, and noting Simon Hadfield's mention of Aston Project 212, one of my favourite of all competition cars, on another thread, that too celebrates 50 years next year. Only a one off, of course, but a race winning car in the right hands. Now I wonder if we could persuade the owner to put another driver alongside David Clark in order to win a couple of the Pre 63 races next year to celebrate this great car. Now, can't think who I might put in that!

Any other 50th's next year, worthy of celebrating on track?