View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3027930)   #22
acadvent
Rookie

Scotland
Thetford, Norfolk
acadvent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Carlos,

I have spoken to Alan Langridge and told him of your contribution; he laughed heartily when I quoted the Francis Drake reference!

He also told me the circumstances of the Llandow race and the fact that Mike Wrigley was coming down from North somewhere to race only to find that his efforts to post the pole time in the FF race were slightly thwarted by the "off" in the Libre race!!

I remember Jon Morrison saying that Llandow was so bumpy in those days that he used to drive the circuit one handed as he had to hold the chassis with the other to keep himself in place.

My mind was often drawn to that fact when using Llandow as a test venue and somewhere to be able to start new drivers on their race driving careers.

Amazing to see some of the photos at the circuit and to appreciate the standing of Motorsport in South Wales at the time. Spectator banks filled to overflowing and for relatively minor events! Where has motor racing gone so badly wrong?

I have suggested that Alan subscribes to ten tenths so that he can join in the debates about his cars.

I believe that some of the original Image crew keep a watching brief as well and maybe we can encourage them to get involved as well!

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards,

AC