View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2012, 16:53 (Ref:3035452)   #29
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
The SLS is 1300kg or more I believe so does it really matter? I would rather see a BoP’d Camaro running in the middle of the pack than a Callaway Z06 loaded with ballast and choked with a tiny restrictor running at the back. This is basically spec racing with different marques because of BoP; in theory a VW Jetta could compete because of BoP. What will be hilarious is if the Camaro actually wins a few races, how humiliating that will be for McLaren, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Audi and Merc. I doubt the SRO or FIA will let that happen though.
you're wrong because sls weight was 1340kg in 2011 not 1300kg, however the car can't be compared with camaro, because sls has been projected and built directly by mercedes with the help of HWA and was one of cars with best aero package that impressed a lot in his debut year (some win in fia gt3, podium at spa, victory at 24h of dubai etc...). Camaro by sereni is a car born from a shilly-shallying between reiter and his external section (SeReNi) in a project left and reopened for at least 2 years long (reiter projected, built and developed a new spec GT1 car like R-SV in just some months). For this reason i don't expect much by this car. BTW callaway since 2011 focused exclusively on adac gt master because their bop let them still to be competitive.