Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3050905)   #3
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
My first observation is that when you drew the outline, you then off set to the inside, this has resulted in several of the corners being really small in radius.

What I'll describe as t6, that you have the outside marked as R20.07, your track is 14m wide, so in reality that's a R6 corner. Not that bad in it's own right, but in context that it's a short corner that's pretty tight.

T10 the 90 right outside radius R17.25, so the inside is R3.25.
The second to last corner, inside radius of the hairpin is 4m.87 - for reference that's about the same as the hairpin at Mallory Park...The hairpin that the BTCC use at Oulton Park is R15, the hairpins on the full circuit is larger again.

Other suggestions, for this circuit I'd consider having the main straight wider than the rest of the circuit from the exit of the final corner through T2 narrowing back to your 14m, though T3 and T4.
The exact width I'd have as the current straight plus pit exit, so that the pit exit doesn't narrow the racing and overtaking lines into t2.
Oh I'd put the pit entry off the outside of the final corner.

I hope that input helps.
Very much so. I'm going to have to make these edits in my own time, as I'm having shape collision issues with the outliner, so colour filling would become problematic, but the feedback is valuable.

How's the flow of the circuit at more "conventional" radii?