View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3053601)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Your headliner, and the perception of any series will always be the health of their fastest and lead category. For all purposes, the ALMS is an HPD and two Lola's. Does it make any sense to anyone, to market Cytosport HPD, or Dyson Lola.... over Corvette Racing, Viper Racing, Porsche, Ferrari, BMW... NSX... That is what is being done... those are the cars that are at the front for the green flag, those are the cars that get the checkered flag, and get the overall podium. P1 is the headliner, and defines the ALMS.

I agree with multi-class racing.

If you went GT, you would need a sub-GT category. Something along the lines of a GT4, Grand Am GS category, ensuring that the nameplates in this class, are not the same as GT. 370Z, Cayman, Camaro, BMW 335, Mustang, RX8, etc...

I have been led to believe, that BMW is actively working on, and may have begun testing a Z4 for the ALMS, and the GT category, to replace the M3.

I never counted the Evora to begin with, though AJR might surprise a few.