View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3134850)   #10
dasc04
Rookie

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dasc04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I honestly don't see where/how this is going to fit in with the current climate?

What teams are going to buy these cars that don't already have BARC FRenaults that are happily making money for them and were paid off years ago. Teams aren't mega cash cows with excess to spend and bags to invest. It's tough at the best of times.

What "family run" entrants have the money to go and buy a brand new car at full price of £29,750 +engine lease at £4500 (+VAT??) and then have another £30k-£40 to run them for a year?

What team or family is willing to take the risk in the current climate that the series thrives and becomes a huge success with full grids when long time established series are currently struggling or disapearing totally?

BARC Renault is doing exceptionally well with around 25 entries but like I mentioned above the cars have been paid for years ago and the budgets are (relatively) affordable.

There is not one series in the UK at the moment that is "in the glory days" era of full grids, reserves, oversubscribed entries like there used to be. So what do the people at the top do? They introduce another!!! Crazy!

JNWRF01 you say they are looking to a totally different market to FRen and FFord. What market is that? I don't think there is one!!!

At the end of the day, it has no effect on me whether it succeeds or fails. But Mr Palmers comment: "It is clear that British motorsport needs a new single seater championship". Come on? Seriously?!

Last edited by dasc04; 12 Sep 2012 at 15:20.