Thread: FIA HTP
View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3190467)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Chevy Camaro only came out in 67 though and I would imagine he wants something pre 66. Thats why the Mustang and Falcon have had their own way, move it up a year or so and the Camaro would be king amoungst the Pre 66 brigade and probably what they are worried about.

I dont think its the size of the stock vented discs or the drum brakes that holds the 2nd gen camaro back its those single piston sliding calipers which is why I doubt you will see many out with HSCC. I would be happy to adabt my car to their regs now Post Historics with CTCRC is no more, apart from the brakes as I dont feel comfortable with the standard set up simple as that so its a big problem. I believe the earlier cars and definitely Mustangs had 4 pot calipers and much better but in the early 70's the manufacturers all started going over to the cheaper single piston sliding caliper option.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 17 Jan 2013 at 11:28. Reason: i before e except after c,,,, sometimes!