View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3197512)   #2694
Ratzenberger
Rookie

Austria
Salzburg
Ratzenberger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think after today's disappointingly low number of P1 entries in both WEC/LM24 and the current struggle to get any prototypes at all in ALMS something needs to be done by the ACO to rejuvenate sportscar racing.

Like many of you have said recently, I can see the top category being an exclusive area for the factory efforts to play in the coming years and I think it's the only way forward. But in my view the class structure needs to be changed.

Personally I'd like to see is a single LMP class for privateers and a new LMGTP for manufacturer-only entries where the likes of Porsche, Audi, Toyota etc can go crazy with the latest racing technologies. They could use the basic dimensions (weight & measurements) for the current P2's but visually be more like a road going supercar.

Maybe I'm just looking for a way to entice McLaren and other exotic car brands to come endurance racing with extreme GT cars and the only people that can afford to build something on that scale would be factory backed projects so why not?