View Single Post
Old 15 Feb 2013, 00:05 (Ref:3204961)   #38
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At Bathurst I've been to more 1000's than I can remember, I've been to 24 hour races, I've been to Festival of Speeds and even seen Super Motard. And now I've been to the 12 Hour, and I gotta say, it blew me away at how seriously cool the event is. Lamborghinis on track with Seats, Ferraris and GTs, it was like a car lovers smorgasbord. Small crowds gave freedom to move around that you can only dream of in October, especially appreciated when you have a youngster who's only just started coming to car races. I love the V8s there, the event has a vibe that I've never experienced at any other race (including Clipsal), but there was something about the 12 Hour that was just as special, it was certainly a spectacle, and something of a rarity to go to a race and not know that only one of four cars are likely to win. Brilliant, I hope this race lives forever, and gets even bigger and better.

P.S. Some things stay the same no matter what the event, two hot dogs (bun, frankfurt and sauce sachet) and two bottles of water: $22. Fair dinkum those prices would make a store owner at the airport blush...