View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3212671)   #183
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
I've just seen a Chrysler Delta (nee Lancia, nee Fiat). Looked just like any other Euro-saloon, except the shield grille looks too small for the front of the car.

But I immediately thought - WHY? Unless it was forced on you as a company car, or was a demonstrator (there were no decals to indicate this), why would you buy one over something boring but sensible like a Mondeo? It has no class-leading qualities of any sort, and will depreciate faster than the album of last year's X-Factor winner.

When did Fiat last make a good "medium/large" car? The 130?
Can't say I entirely agree with you. I think it is rather-good looking, especially with a two-tone paint job. Thankfully it is still a Lancia this side of La Manche & I see it as a potential replacement for my Alfa 156 - the 159 is simply bigger than I need & I'm not wild about the Giulietta.

The Delta is a bit tardis-like with leg room in the back reminding me of an Austin 1800! I once owned a Lancia Beta, one of the best cars I ever owned, & at the time I had back trouble - the Lancia seats were superb & it was actually the only place I was comfortable, which was just as well as I had a 32-mile commute to work.