Thread: NZ V8SC
View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2013, 04:05 (Ref:3214891)   #3
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beages View Post
Just have a question to all in the know.

This really bugs me. Why did New Zealand go to the trouble of designing their own V8 race car so close to V8SC. Why didn’t they just pay V8SC a fee and adopt our COTF rules and regs. I know NZ doesnt have the comercial backing like Australia, but COTF was always going to be about cost reduction. The extra chassis and components would further reduce costs. They could even send their top six car over for Bathurst, It seems a no brainer to me.
Thoughts...
Hi Calibri,

You need to be aware of some facts.

Firstly, our prototype car and Chassis was designed and built before the new COFT car.

Secondly, our complete car cost less than half the price, of the COFT car

Thirdly, our cars are 100% controlled, all have an identical Pace Innovations built chassis, all have the exact same A$20k 7 litre alloy engine, exact same suspension, dampers etc, and of course the exact same gearbox in the same location as a standard car.

Our rear wing is unique to V8ST as is our front splitter, the fact that a quick glance they may seem similar is down to the fact that they are both based on the VE Commodore and FG Ford, as yet we have no Nissan's or Mercedes bodied car's.

I trust the proceeding helps your better understanding of the differences between the two categories.

Mark Petch.
Technical Director,
V8 Supertourers Limited.