View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3215601)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Not good enough. Could you elaborate in depth what that means ? But first you should read the papers about the political situation in Venezuela.
lol, here's my commentary then. Chavez has built up an election machine in which the poor of that country can extend power and which broke open the two party stranglehold which the top people held in their hands. That was something very new that Chavez did and there's no scrapping that. The Chavistas will be political players at worst and most probably king-makers. Maldonado is a very popular national figure there. The opposition angle themselves as patriots so they are not going to tear down a national winner. He don't be undermined without creating uproar although the rest of those obscure oil-funded race programs are certainly up for grabs. I haven't even started talking about how split the opposition are in their challenge to Chavez successor.

Johnny Jr is in the opposition camp so his prospects might be improved in the medium to long run although I doubt the Cecotto camp are placing many bets on that.

We'll see how things unfold of course.