View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3217909)   #4
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
There does seem to be a motorsport fan in the Beeb somewhere who obviously has the ear of the commisioning editor!

We had the Clark, Stewart Hill shows, then the hero thing with Moss Mcrae, and now this!

Lets hope it continues, it obviously gets good viewing from live and Iplayer and I know I have watched some of these shows more than once

In particular the one about Group B and the one highlighting the dangerous period of F1, which I found both revealing and fascinating.

I also have found some fabulous period stuff from the 70's and 80's on youtube, one great show from Equinox about Ford development of their V6 turbo engine, well Cosworths! How the inline 4 was a disaster etc etc, real behind the scenes awesomeness.
I reckon there should be a late night segment where they just show motorsport archive footage, the hardcore fans will record and watch and those who are not interested need not feel it's wasting time as they'll probably be in bed. Maybe have one or two motor sport historians introduce it to give some context and then just let it run, if there's original commentary by Raymond Baxter, great! If not, let the sounds play with captions maybe.

I'll get me coat.