View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3235802)   #4
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course, there's another option when it comes to producing paddock size at Zandvoort: filling in the area to the South. Sure, there's lakes, and dunes, and everything, but flattening this land should make it possible to produce a huge paddock the size of which dwarfs that of most tracks in Europe, especially those with paddocks enclosed in the track.
So that's what I've done instead:

and without lines so you can imagine what it'll look like easier.

First things first, I don't think the track itself needs to be changed. Besides a couple safety issues, which I attempt to resolve here, the track is great as it is. That's why I've left it as is.
The new paddock has an area well over six hectares in size for just the main paddock and the small eastern paddock adds another hectare if required. It can be accessed through a tunnel from the old paddock.
Moving the pit lane to this new paddock would allow for a pit building about as large as Le Mans provides. I'm not entirely sure on the pit exit though, so suggestions are certainly appreciated.
With this new pit lane and paddock, new opportunities arise. Most obviously two short tracks can be constructed, one utilizing the portion between the Slotemakersbocht and the entrance to the Audi-S, and one cutting off from the Hugenholtzbocht across a section of the old paddock to the exist of the Audi-S, each with their own paddock and pit lane allowing both to be used for simultaneous use. The eastern circuit would also gain a paddock, though I doubt it'd be of significance.
Two other optional changes are a cut-off at the Gerlachbocht to the Slotemakersbocht and a chicane at the exit of the Kumhobocht entering Bos Uit, both aimed at producing a safer track for motorcycles. Somewhat more mandatory would be to create run-off area at the exit of Bos Uit and at Gerlach, unless of course the motorcycle track is to become the actual layout for cars. I also considered drawing Hugenholtz inwards, but I'm not entirely certain how much is possible without really changing the track whilst simultaneously making this section significantly safer.
Anyway, all serious criticisms are appreciated.
Oh yeah, if you hadn't noticed, I'm back.