View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2013, 03:33 (Ref:3266302)   #18
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Sam Bird will perhaps be somewhat disappointed if Merc has its way at the tribunal.

I suspect that these 'young' drivers will be judged more on their capacity to not hit anything or run off into gravel traps etc, rather than how quick they can go.

Yes, testing was great, but very, very expensive! But we definitely need more testing, I don't think that there is any doubt about that.
What really bothers me about no testing is the "run what you brung" mentality that it promotes.

This particularly applies to McLaren this year who have admitted that their new car is a giant leap backwards. They cannot run last years car because it has not done this years safety tests, and they are unable to fix this years car because of the testing and chassis modification rules.
How is this scenario fair on their sponsors?
How is this fair on the viewing public?
How is it fair on any of the McLaren stakeholders?

I believe Mercedes has suffered mightily with this problem over the past 3 years.

Last edited by wnut; 22 Jun 2013 at 03:49.