Thread: Gran Turismo 6
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3279502)   #42
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I just spent a half hour doing one sector of the lap and despite being over a second within the gold time was 50,000th worldwide

Really if Nissan are using this to determine their future drivers, I beg to think.

Its a load of rubbish and doesn't reflect real droving at all, are you seriously suggesting a bloke that is quick enough to win this is a driver?

I realise some of the guys that have won it are doing OK, but a gamer is a very different person to a driver, and only a gamer could win this.

PR tripe

If you dislike so much, chunder, then why do you play it? If you don't like it, then why do you insist on posting about how bad it all is? Yes, it is PR, but is PR necessarily bad? I'm pretty sure Steve Doherty, Lucas Ordonez, Mark Schulzitsky, Jordan Tresson, Jann Mardenborough, Peter Reip, etc don't think so.

In bold, "and only a gamer could win this". Yes, but does that make them not a driver, by default?

It's just insulting to everyone, including myself, who have nearly placed into the competition (like me), those who have (like my old GTPlanet friend Edward Gomez), and those who have won, like Lucas Ordonez.