View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3287637)   #23
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say I am very excited about this series. Firstly, although there won't be a "Noise" as we are used to from the cars, there will be a "Sound" that will give the series a unique identity and make it more acceptable to a wider audience. Whilst I am not saying I won't miss the sound of a traditional racer it will accentuate other noises, such as tyre squeal and the commentary.
There has also been debate about smell, although I am sure the smell of burning rubber won't be lost. As for drivers I don't think it matters so much for this series, which is more about the technology.

The cars look very cool indeed. I also have to say whilst I don't believe electric cars are necessarily ready for road use, they could certainly work in a lot of forms of Motorsport, aside from perhaps endurance championships. It is also nice to see yet another example of Motorsport pioneering road technology as well. We have it with LeMans and the FIA's world engine formula. Then Formula 1's fuel efficiency rules next year. The future is certainly looking bright for our sport and whilst I don't see Formula E as the only pioneering concept, I certainly think it will be one of the most interesting. And I see no-reason why appealing to a larger audience will affect the sport for those who already know and love it.

Good luck