View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3294443)   #46
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
This is the class that needs the work, as the rest are stocking fillers and wouldn't be needed if there was a decent 30 car Supermod grid. You could get rid of Minis, Hot Hatch works well. no need for the Swifts either for that matter.

But until you sort Supermod I cant see a change.
So what would you do to sort out the Supermods?
Bearing in mind that that class supplied a fifth of the total entries, had the most diverse field of cars, and caters for competitors who have a half decent budget and well developed cars, right down to the clubman racers who are out there having fun for as little as 2-3 k.
How would you get more cars out there without looking the ones we already Have?

and yes Vince Bristow is a so smooth in that BMW!

Drifting ............ I appreciate the technology, I can see the skill, but I don't really get it.
If I had a car with that much power I would want to drive it as fast as I could for as far as I could, and see how fast I could get it round the corners, not how sideways.

From a competitors point of view I actually really enjoyed the weekend, but I would have rather done two heats on the Monday, and the siteing of the FMX was a little distracting to the spectators stood on that corner.
The Retros are getting better every meeting. There is actual close exciting racing going on now, whereas 12 months ago it did look rather like a demonstration event.

Finally thanks to all the officials, and the organising team, and a big thankyou to the orange army, the real heroes of the meeting. Without them we wouldn't have meetings to race at and, to watch.