View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3294950)   #11
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Al,
The windows of the Triumph Herald and its derivatives were all frameless, so I've seen a lot of variations on this theme. None use a fabricated frame and two I can recommend are:

1/ Hang the window from the A-post! I think that Caterhams do this by two plastic rising hinges. The lower edge is kept to the top of the door by a length of plastic angle extrusion, and because the top hinge can be near the top of the A-post, the top edge cannot lift out of the door frame easily. Needs a sign on the door for a marshal, "Open door and lift window to access driver"!

2/ The window is fixed to the top of the door by another lenth of angle, but this time alloy, and rivets. It extends downwards through the original window slot into the top of the door, where two bolts tension the lower edge outwards against the inner frame of the door itself, forcing the upper edge inwards, again to stop the top edge lifting out of the door frame. This one's adjustable too!

John