View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3342053)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
FOM get's paid upfront in rights fees and TV rights for the vast bulk of the income, so as they have no risk or need to attract any ticket sales themselves, there is no need for central promotion - or so it strikes me.
really the commercial rights holder should take more of a role in creating a unified promotional strategy. certainly they should play a more active role in places that dont have races because there are still viewers there and they should do more in countries like China and India where the local promoters are struggling to get the message out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Compare the F1 web presence with that of Formula E

http://www.fiaformulae.com/home
much more inviting and they put the social media sections front and center which just highlights a more modern approach.

i do think Formula E may be going too far by allowing fans vote to see who gets a speed boost but in general they have the right idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
McDonald's is in to active sports sponsorship (FIFA & Olympics) so they can be seen to encourage us all to run about and be fit...I also doubt F1 fits in with any of their criteria for demographics or age range.
yep. Mcdonald's and Coke are interested in advertising to kids and getting them young.

in an odd way i do think F1 is attempting to address that issue with the gimmicky rules that make the racing more akin to a video game/mario kart which could be seen as being more relevant for younger viewers.