View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2014, 03:00 (Ref:3352270)   #2
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the thread Beetle.

Looking forward to attending the Rolex 24 in a couple of weeks with my dad and best bud.

Weather permitting, we leave St. Catharines, ON at about 11:30 pm Thursday night and drive straight through to Ormond Beach and stay there Friday night. At the track Saturday and Sunday for the race, then leave Sunday afternoon and drive back and get back Monday evening.

This will be the 3rd Rolex for my dad and I. We attended in 1990 and 2002. It wasn't intended to be an every 12 years tradition to go, but here we are in 2014 ready to go again.

This could be an epic race for the ages. As a Canadian, I would absolutely love to see Michael Valiente and the rest of the Spirit of Daytona boys take the overall win. I have this funny feeling though that an LMP2 car is going to shock everyone and win the damn thing on reliability and strategy. Something tells me that you just might see one of the ESM cars take the outright win.

As for GTLM. I want the Vipers to win, but I think Porsche will rule the day. In GTD, I think you will see and Audi in Victory Lane. LMPC. Core Autosport is my choice.

Can't wait. Bring it on!!