View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3384272)   #1765
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too!

Caught my eye as i was about to mess about with the Lola, so a quick snap for the album.

The 911 has been with me since 1989, and for many of my friends we are synonymous with each other.
I've rebuilt it, 3 engines, two hillclimb offs, one heavy (took and inch out of the wheelbase) rebuilt again and everything in between with 13 years of hills, 60k miles. Still runs strong, engine has never been apart with 120K on it.

Then there is the little flusie next door with an appropriate name, Lola.

Sounds like a 'bit-on-the-side', the old girl and the tempting mistress, all dolled-up and costing a fortune while the reliable one gets neglected.

Very soon I'll be too old for the mistress and she will leave for a younger top-gun, and I'll spend the last years with the old dear of a 911...

I should add Mrs Hillclimber sees it just like this too, except both are mistresses of differing maturity and seduction.

The 911 badly needs some body attention, #1 retirement project which can't come soon enough.

As to the Young One, fresh tyres on and they even hold 22psi for a week now!
Had to settle for a 21" dia front, so adjusted the front ride height to allow for the difference.
Car needs a deep clean now and the first run is a week this saturday!

At last the season is about to open.

What a drag of a wait its been.

Pic below is about 4 years ago at Shelsley Walsh for a newspaper article, oh the innocence!
Attached Thumbnails
lola porsche.jpg