View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2014, 00:16 (Ref:3463171)   #47
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Helpful to whom? How much vigour are they applying now?

Given how much was involved with making the change to COTF (remember it was delayed from its original launch date by one year) there is clearly a process to go through that works for the teams and doesn't send the sport broke.

There'd be a fair bit to consider - primarily aero and cage design I would think. Holden and Volvo for example don't have coupes they could race so getting a structure in place would need to be thought through properly.

That's assuming of course that Ford even WANT to race the 'Stang - they may in fact prefer to run the Falcon and after that the Fusion (or whatever the Falcon replacement will be) as they see that as better for the brand.
Helpful to the category by hopefully not losing a manufacturer in the series and helpful to those who follow the series and want Ford to remain. Dont you???

I don't know how much vigour supercars is applying, but I expect there should probably be a bit more (extractus digitus).

I've only ever seen Ford mention the Mustang in future racing programmes.

Are supercars looking at changing their position on two-door cars? Someone should come out and say something.