Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 5 Nov 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3471822)   #468
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
A corporation of equivalent size will as a rule study the market they are in continually and test for new products or marketing angles to keep them in the black and if a public company their shareholders happy with returns. It astounds me that the corporation of F1 has done (apparently) none of this and has not detected the market moving away from it. BE for all his smarts has been too clever and relied on his instincts for a deal and somehow ignored the obvious. Now he has a problem and he is the meat in the sandwich, CVC will obviously given him a pep talk and told him to sort it out and the teams have basically told him they aren't parting with any money so he can find other ways to arrange things. I would pay good money to be a fly on the wall so to speak to see what is going on.
I guess because the guy's 84 years old, his view of a positive long term future is waking up tomorrow morning. There's nothing long term about him which is possibly why he couldn't give a damn about anything or anyone.