View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3492155)   #3285
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
^ Painful Lol at a sadly true if likely inaccurate response.

Very disappointed by the ESM HPD at the Roar. I guess I was thinking of Highcroft and how they made their brand-new HPDs run right right out of the box. ESM is a Very different team. Still, I am sure the new HPD will eventually be as good as any other P2--and I love the look. It is weirdly proportioned and has those odd nostrils but still looks like it should be very fast.

ESM has less than two weeks to get the thing right. Not hoping for a lot from them, sadly.

It's just testing, it means nothing. Especially at this stage of the car development. And besides Roar is basically NASCAR version of spring FIA GT3 BoP tests at Paul Ricard, you don't want to be fast there.

Anyway the miraculous Highcroft car you probably speak most of - ARX-01e - only ran one race in history and even if amazing in race trim it wasn't particularly outstanding in one lap pace in prior testing and practice (not 2009 De Ferran qualifying miracles)

These new cost cap cars are not as diverse as the old ones anyway so you don't get class killers in P2 anymore, and particularly not on American side of the pond today

Oh and I still think ESM is just using Daytona and Sebring as pure reliability prep-up for WEC

Last edited by Deleted; 12 Jan 2015 at 20:49.