Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3500575)   #314
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
What marketability? Show me a person (apart from those competing) that care about LMPC? Yeah I thought so.

The only reason they want to keep it going is because it's easy and cheap in contrast to something proper.

Also for LMPC being more popular in US than Europe, Chevrolet engine has nothing to do with it.
Wait.. Since when is it wrong to keep a series alive because it is easy and cheap!?

We must remember a basic assumption towards all motorsport fans:
- It is always better to have racing, than no racing.
If the LMPC formula can keep teams and drivers racing in Sportscars in USA, then I'm perfectly happy with that.
I'll take large field of "old" racing cars with close racing over a small modern racing series with few strong competitors.