Thread: Lites / LMP3
View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2015, 09:12 (Ref:3500753)   #322
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't think whether LMPC is there or not is gonna particularly influence the health of the series itself it was disliked most of the time it was in ALMS, it's got even more slack with USCC.

LMP3, while probably a little more expensive to run, would at least look modern and be a non spec format. I mean, Riley is designing a chassis of all things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Don't they have way enough Chevrolet engines in the series already with the Coyote/Dallara-"Corvette" DPs and Corvette GTEs?

You're right in that spec series have their place. But it shouldn't be in a series that calls itself the premier sportscar series in America (not that there aren't other issues). LMPC run well enough with Lites, throw them there. They'd look more in home there with the other open tops and dated designs.
Remember that racing is still a sport primarily for the competitors not the fans.
The rules and the series are first off made so people want to compete in the class and have a good time.

I can see what you mean with have a "amateur" league running in the top series is downgrading the whole series. But if it is impossible to fill the grid with highly tuned professional teams and drivers, you take the next best thing, which is semi-professional teams with a high amount of amateur drivers.
Again, I'll take a spec racing car with an amateur driver over an empty slot on the grid any day.