View Single Post
Old 6 Sep 2000, 18:08 (Ref:35368)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, Enzo, I avoid 128 at all but off hours.

To get to Watertown, I take 93 into Medford and wind through Somerville and Cambridge entering Watertown by Mt. Auburn.
My wife's office is coincidently also in Watertown. Between us, we have tried every permutation including Rte. 3. At best I can make the 27 mile trip in 45 minutes, but at rush hour it can easily drag into an hour and a half.

I don't know how long it has been since you lived here, but now even New Hampshire is a commuting suburb to Boston. This means that even as early as 6:00 AM, a steady line of Ford F150's and Dodge Rams is racing south from the State where they'd rather "Live Free or Die" to jobs on the Big Dig.
I almost got hit by an empty "Bud" can tossed from a careening "Suburban" on my way into work this morning.

Our commuting schedule is dictated by School hours, but when I can, I'm out the door by 5:30, other days only after the school bus has picked my son up at 8:30. Either way, I miss the worst of the traffic.