Thread: Gen 2 Supercar
View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2015, 03:48 (Ref:3557184)   #174
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A 911 has a back seat... Can we build a Gen2 SC based on a 991 RSR?
yes is the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
Technically it will be based on a regular 911, of which a minimum of 5000 units must be sold globally per year, so that restricts the real rare stuff. Also it will have to fit on the control chassis and have the engine in the front, so that will limit the options for manufacturers.
Porsche sells around 30,000 911's per year apparantly... you could drop a current 911 RSR body design over the control chassis, place the 'right' engine for this model in the front (470bhp without any tuning bits attached!) and go SC racing...

The challenge I see is that the existing category compares (mostly) cars the average person can buy. A Falcon, Commodore, Altima... maybe a Volvo.. and the aspirational Benz...

How much fun might it be for a luxury brand to be in that category, to be beaten by the Falcon/Commodore/Altima....?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods