View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2002, 07:34 (Ref:356652)   #1
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Report.....

Hey everyone, been absent for a while...

There are problems in F1 at the moment. And it is all to do with money, as it is....something HAS to be done to chop the costs down so that the smaller teams can survive. It is just getting out of hand now. There are far too many teams that are just fighting to hold their heads above water.
One of the changes I am a big supporter of, is making the top 3 teams from the end of the previous season run three cars.

Re-position the front wings where they always were, bring back slicks, 3 car teams for the top teams. Take further bans on testing. None of these aspects will help prevent cost but they are just some of the many that I can see.
Get rid of the hungarian GP!!! because it is a seriously **** race. the only thing I like about it is seeing all the support for Finnish drivers the grandstands are just packed with blue and white. But the track itself is just not suited to modern F1. There is no close racing because the cars are constantly tackling corners. We need more circuits like the Hockenheim revised track (which is fantastic I think), and Malaysia too.

Jordan, Arrows, Jaguar and Minardi are all in serious trouble, financially, and competively as well.
What the hell will F1 do with just 7 teams?? Please tell me.

I think the FIA needs to steer F1 cars towards the setup of the familiar champ cars in the States. And no I don't mean exactly the same cars for the entire grid, but simple things such as a manual gearshift with a gearstick for one, slick tyres and the traditional wide body layout of open wheeler racing cars. Just simple things like that.

Anyway, I am rather concerned at the moment....Thats just some of what is in my mind at present.
That's my report anyway....