View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3592813)   #21
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Just my opinion but i reckon Icehouse and Rob Thomas would be a great duo to see

I remember in the early years of the Homebush event the concerts were trumpeted as a main selling point for the event. I first went to the event in 2011 and we were treated a big concert in ANZ Stadium with Farnham, Hunters & Collectors etc... in 2012 the concert got moved to the grassed park outside the stadium for Jimmy Barnes (i was told due to low pre-event ticket sales that year), then in 2013 the concert was dropped i assumed due to the twilight race finish, however in 2014 there was no concert at all despite the races being moved to earlier in the day.

All the other 'big events' have a concert alongside the race, however for the so-called most important market to crack, Sydney, they offer nothing more than you get at a 'normal' round of the series at Phillip Island or Queensland Raceway.
Fair enough, and to be honest after I wrote that I thought maybe Icehouse would be worth having a look at. I love live music and usually the Clipsal concert announcements are a good thing, so I was initially disappointed. Also Thurs / Fri still to be locked in.

Homebush has been a dreadful 'big finale' last few years. Being rained out to the point of watching cars struggle to lap behind a safety car means I will likely never attend. Races cut short, and now there's no concert(s). A shame as this last round ticks a lot of boxes particularly when the C'ship win will be determined sometime through the weekend.