Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2015, 06:17 (Ref:3595130)   #248
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I doubt that Mark would want to go backwards, having stirred up what wasn't even working in the first place!

Credit where credit is due. Without those willing to take on 'authority' head to head, fight a few battles - often putting themselves in the firing line - NZ Motorsport would be a lot worse off. Sometimes they do it democratically and at other times, they have to dig their toes in and fight,

Mike John (Targa) and Chris Watson are two other names that spring to mind and we can all be grateful to Chris (again), Tony Roberts and the late Geoff Manning for their vision in getting Hampton Downs moving.

We can also add Tony Quinn, though I am not sure whether or not he has yet to fight NZ authorities.

In many respects, I think the whole scene seems a lot stronger than it has ever been and better co-ordinated, from the promoters through to Racetroll and her crew. Getting spectators back in the huge numbers of the early 1960's may never happen, as there are so many other things going on. NZ isn't starved of options, but with good numbers of drivers, meetings should not be losing money.